Authors don't need Twitter, do they? They just need Facebook, right? WRONG! And here's why!
1) Twitter has millions of members (500 million as of 2015), from fellow authors, to plenty of readers. Can you really afford to not tap into that market?
2) They invented the hashtag. We all know how important the hashtag is from a marketing perspective. Well, Twitter invented it.
3) Don't underestimate the #followfriday. Every Friday, tag your latest followers. This allows their followers to see you, and if so obliged, follow you too, expanding your outreach.
4) Twitter is more professional than most social media platforms. Facebook can be cringe-worthy, with family drama and disputes among friends. Twitter is for specific interests. It also has a word limit, which keeps those posts short, sweet and relevant.
5) An added bonus? You can access insights to see what times your posts receive the most engagement, and which posts are the most popular, allowing you to perfect your marketing.
Are you sure you don't want to open a Twitter account, or start using the one you have more often?