As five of my books have made the bestseller list on Amazon, in over five categories. Two of which have been bestsellers continually for over a year. I felt it would be nice to share the secret to my success. You may have heard of them, but now hopefully you will fully utilize them. So pay attention!
Okay, so here we go.
1) Categories. Choose the categories for your book accurately and carefully. This one simple step can help you rank!
2) Book Cover. Now this is to grow sales and if you make the bestseller list, to maintain your place in the top ten. Have a brilliant, eye-catching cover, that stands out from the rest.
3) Blurb. Again, this is nothing new, I am just stressing the importance of a book's blurb. You cannot rank without sales, and you cannot get sales without a good blurb.
4) The Price. I know some authors may despise the idea of giving away their work for only 99 cents. But you need to get over that. You will sell a lot more copies at a cheaper price, and make more money than if you priced the book at $5.00. Attempt 300 - 500 pages.
5) Market Through All Social Media: FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, and of course Google+ to get and secure your place in the bestseller list. You can always hire professionals. I practice what I preach, or more specifically, sell. Because this system works so well for me with every book I release, I started a business. Now me and a team of authors/marketers help authors get sales, reviews and readership from as little as $49. The thriving business is in its third year. Check it out, if you're interested:
6) Good Reviews. Now don't panic if you get bad reviews, all authors experience this. Just check out Stephen King's books on Amazon, and you will see the harsh criticism he receives. And that man earns millions every year. But try and get some good reviews, approach bloggers etc. I have a blog on how to get book reviews if you're struggling:
7) Have Your Manuscript Professionally Edited!
Editing can be expensive, from $1,000 to $3,000 usually, but it is crucial. If there are tonnes of typos or grammar mistakes, it can be very offputting for your reader. Of course, if you don't have several thousand for editing, we offer very reasonable packages, starting from ONLY $100.